Travels in Europe

Travels in Europe

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

20 days and counting...

I've found the as the time before my journey decreases, the number of places to go, people to see, and things to do increases. Someone should look into this principle, it could be the next big scientific discovery. A mixture of Murphy's Law, the Theory of Relativity, and a side of kimchi.

Looking back over this entire process thus far I can say that it definitely was not the easiest thing I've ever done. Completing the TEFL Institute course online during my teaching internship at Hood College, then beginning the Visa process in March was just the beginning! I have financially supported USPS and FedEx in both Delaware and Maryland over the past 6 months by sending documents to DC, Maryland, Delaware, New York, and Korean Government Offices. Now that all of that is complete all I need to worry about is packing for a year's stay in an apartment in downtown Bucheon...

The program who set me up with a school in Bucheon has been incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. They gave me a contact with another western teacher at the Little America Program (the school in which I will teaching). She has given me advice on what to bring, what not to bring, and what to expect when I arrive! I've also had TONS of help from my neighbors, the Kim family, who had provided me with lessons in Korean, as well as making some authentic Korean food for my family and I to enjoy. I can now say that I will be heading out with the ability to read, write, and speak the Korean alphabet!

I will be updating this blog as much as possible throughout my trip! Once I reach my apartment I will try to figure out internet and keep everyone updated on how I am doing.
 
나중에 봬요 (Na-joong-e bwae-yo!)
See you later!

1 comment: